Thursday, August 25, 2011

Missing

Summer 2011 too soon became a thing of the past.

Back at Taylor and I've hit the ground running. While I'm excited to be back on campus and catch up with everyone, I've spent minimal thought on the reason I'm actually here: class.

The good news is the madness doesn't start until Tuesday. The past two days have been devoted to The Echo, and our Freshman edition comes out tomorrow.

The summer didn't exactly end on the best note. Airtran has seemed to misplaced my luggage I traveled to North Carolina with on an end-of-the-summer-weekend-getaway. Frustrated and annoyed with constantly thinking of more things that were in the missing bag (the total is up to 36 things), I realized I am probably being taught a lesson in materialism.

Fortunately Airtran is supposedly going to be reimbursing me for the loss. Hope they realize I have expensive taste, and this won't be a cheap copout for their mistake. More importantly, how does a bag disappear? Anyway..

I named this post missing because it seems to be a trend lately. Obviously, my bag.

But this week I have been especially missing the people from DC my brain now associates with school. They're not here in Upland and it is weird.

I miss my family that I was able to spend the summer with. Colton will be writing sentences the next time I see him.

I miss my best friend who came home from Paris for two minutes before heading off to school. (Countdown til October starts now)

I keep seeing people on campus and telling them how much I missed them.

It feels good to be reunited with everyone, but I have pieces of DC plastered all over my room to remind me of those all over the country I love and miss so much.

I'm ready for the challenge of this year, and look forward to continue to grow spiritually, in relationships and in knowledge.

College is such a unique and amazing time of life and it should not be wasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment