Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Evidence I Survived Day One

This week marked the start of real life here in DC.

I have to admit the first couple weeks have felt like a vacation. I was staying somewhere new.  Trying different food. Shopping. Hanging out with new friends (and an old one!)

Then there was class.  But lets be real, learning more about journalism, I don't see the problem.  I mean am I supposed to be missing the liberal arts of TU?  Dear math come back to me; I don't think so.

So Monday after class I got a library card.  Now I just hope I have the time to use it.

Monday night was family dinner, followed by everyone getting dressed up and going to the National Press Club to sit in the audience of The Kalb Report.  Bill Keller, editor of the New York Times was grilled most of the night about his paper. It was really enjoyable and fun to be a part of.  The show aired on CSPAN so I was emailing my brother the whole time while he watched.  At the end J.J. got up and asked Mr. Keller a question.  It was neat to be a part of such a big event in the journalism world.

Speaking of the journalism world.  Today was day one at The Georgetowner.  http://www.georgetowner.com/

A real job I think I could really do.  It was a great day.

I'm certain I could have crawled right into bed when I got home from work.  But I needed dinner and to write two papers...

Which reminds me, I should probably start those papers.

No comments:

Post a Comment